GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS
Publishing in the journal is free of charge – it means that no fees are required from the authors.
The journal is published in electronic format:
- Twice a year in Slovak and Czech language, in June and December
- Once a year in English, in December
Submission deadlines for articles in Slovak and Czech language:
- By 30th April for articles to be published in issue 1 of the calendar year.
- By 30th October for articles to be published in issue 2 of the calendar year.
Submission deadlines for articles in English language:
- By 30th October for articles to be published in issue 3 of the calendar year.
Regarding the content there are two basic types of scientific papers:
- Original papers presenting new information and latest discoveries, new results, methods or findings.
- Overview papers summarizing or synthetizing data from literature. They represent descriptive or critical assessment of original articles and usually present an extensive list of bibliography.
Apart from scientific articles the journal publishes review papers and information:
- Review paper analyses and presents a personal opinion on a publication and whether it meets its purpose. It offers its position to other readers.
- Information is a report on an event already carried out or scheduled (e.g. a conference).
Size and form (of the article):
- The paper can be published in Slovak, Czech and English language,
- Include the title in English,
- Include abstract in English (10 to 12 lines),
- Include key words in English (5 - 10 key words),
- At the end of the text, include a full contact address of the author, the workplace/institution, position, phone number and email,
- In order to ensure clarity, it is convenient to divide articles into chapters,
- The scientific paper (study) has the range 8-20 pages (minimum 36 000 characters including space),
- The review paper and information has the range 1 - 4 pages.
Structure of the article:
- Using the IMRAD principle (Introduction, Methods, Results and Discussion),
- Abstract – in English (size 10 – 12 lines),
- Key words – in English (5 – 10 key words),
- Introduction – aim and identification of key information of the article (summary or information about the current situation), defining the aim of the article, used methods and methodology,
- Core – overview of the issue, main findings and own interpretation of the benefits of the research,
- Conclusion – summary of outcomes of the research and proposals for theory and practice,
- Bibliography – Harvard style. STN ISO 690 (01 0197) Norm – Information and documentation. Instructions for bibliography references and information sources and citing.
The journal Vojenské reflexie reserves the right to edit the accepted papers. The authors will be asked to agree on the final version after a successful review.
The authors retain the copyright and give the right to the journal for first publishing online on the Vojenské reflexive website. Their article is at the same time licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY 4.0), which allows others to share the paper with confirmation of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors may enter into separate, supplementary contractual amendments on the non-exclusive distribution of a version of their work published in a journal (e.g. due to its placement in an institutional repository or book publication), indicating its initial publication in this journal.
Creative Commons and Open Access
Open Access (OA) – defines the provision of online access to the scientific information for free and indefinitely. The idea of the open access is to provide an unlimited access to the research and publications without violating the copyrights. The content is usually characterized by the 4R:
- Reuse (the right to reuse the content unaltered),
- Revise (the right to adapt, modify, process and alter the content),
- Remix (the right to combine the original and reviewed content with other contents in order to create a new text),
- And redistribute (the right to share the original content as well as altered content with other users).